The Senior Manager of Strategic Sourcing will manage the full portfolio of OS&E products, services and inventory as designated by the Executive Director of Strategic Sourcing and Procurement. This person will demonstrate the ability to lead client engagement planning and execution and to collaborate with operating leadership and functional support staff to develop, lead and execute customized account strategies for our existing stakeholders. Success in this role will drive value creation through vendor consolidation and the use of market intelligence to drive cost savings, while delivering value to business groups through partnership and the centralization of sourcing and contract compliance functions to procurement specialists.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management with focus on Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Minimum of 10 years of combined strategic sourcing, supply chain, project management and procurement experience in a timeshare or hospitality environment
- Minimum of 5 years people management experience
- Demonstrated background in all aspects of supply chain management, including experience in conducting bid process (RFI, RFP and informal bids)
- Excellent category-specific sourcing and category management skills in a variety of spend areas, particularly OS&E product, and services
- Ability to effectively build alliances and explain, consult, and influence team members, colleagues and business partners across the organization
- Decisive and persuasive; ability to solve problems and make proactive decisions
- Ability to think and act strategically, through to execution.
- Client service focused
- Navigates ambiguity and comfortable creating and implementation of new policy and process, while building trust, efficiencies, and collaboration
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, evidenced by having created a collaborative environment with coworkers, team members and leadership. Ability to constructively deal with self and others under pressure. Self-awareness and adaptability required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Experience working in a global environment with remote team members and clients, and operating with a global mindset
- Able to scale and read building and unit floor plans, along with providing quantity take-offs and assess product size to ensure accuracy of fit and layout.
- Expert analytical and negotiating skills with proven track record of achieving year to year cost reductions and lead time reductions of all product and services.
- Must be extremely flexible and able to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks with organization and efficiency.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of ethical sourcing and procurement practices
- Knowledge of industry standards; product, performance and design.
- Expertise in developing supplier programming, contract management, supply chain management, logistics management, inventory tracking process and implementation, asset management
- Track record of year-over-year delivery of distinctive value from strategic supply chain activities.
- Possess strong project management skills and able to manage change internally and externally